Counselor's Corner for Seniors
- Wendy's High School Heisman Scholarship Click on the link and apply by 10/17/23 at 5 p.m. https://heismanscholarship.com/application/are-you-eligible/
- Choctaw County Chamber of Commerce Scholarship- Awaiting details for this year's award. Check with Guidance office
- Black Warrior ECF Scholarship- Application will open in November 2023. Check with Guidance office in November. https://blackwarrioremc.com/ecf-scholarship-information-application/
- Lockheed Martin STEM Scholarship- review the scholarship page and then contact email@example.com for further details https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/who-we-are/communities/stem-education/lm-scholarship-program.html
- Alabama Conservation District Employees' Association Scholarship - Guidance office awaiting details for this year's scholarship
- Choctaw County 4-H / Alabama 4-H Scholarship - Guidance office awaiting details
- Alabama 4-H Scholarships - Application period will open January 1, 2024. Create an account here and be ready to apply in January: https://v2.4honline.com/#/user/sign-in Details for last year's awards https://alabama4hfoundation.org/4-h-higher-education-scholarships/#:~:text=The%20Alabama%204%E2%80%91H%20Foundation,in%20the%20amount%20of%20%241%2C000!
- Linley Heflin Scholarship for Senior Females - Application period opens October 1, 2023 and the deadline to apply is January 10, 2024. This is a scholarship opportunity for high school senior girls that live in the state of Alabama. ACT may be superscored. A 23 is required. https://www.linlyheflin.org/apply/
- Watermark Endodontics - A scholarship opportunity available for high school seniors pursuing a degree in dentistry or healthcare. Guidance office awaiting details from Watermark.
- Choctaw County Cattle Association Scholarship - To apply your parents or grandparents must be paid members of the Choctaw County Cattle Association for the prior 3 years. See the counselor for a scholarship application.
- Cattleman's Association STATE Scholarship - Application period opens September 1st. The deadline for applying for state scholarships is November 6th. Go to the following website for information on various scholarships and eligibility (including family membership in the association) www.bamabeef.org
- Coca-Cola Scholarship - Deadline to apply is October 2, 2023 https://www.coca-colascholarsfoundation.org/apply/
- Dream It, Do It Alabama! Guidance office awaiting details. Check back. Community college opportunity awarded by the Alabama Automotive Manufacturers Association https://dreamitdoitalabama.com/aama/
- Southern Automotive Women's Forum Scholarship - for women interested in science, math, technology fields. Guidance office awaiting this year's information. https://southernautomotivewomen.org/Scholarship_Information
- Lutzie 43 Scholarship Our PFL (Prepared for Life) Scholarship - is awarded annually to students who have demonstrated outstanding character in the areas of service and leadership, showing these characteristics in their decision to serve as positive ambassadors for safe driving to their peers and in their communities. Click here to fill out an interest form in the 2024 scholarship https://lutzie43.org/scholarship/
- Woodmen of the World Scholarship Application - Opens Nov. 1st! For the children of Woodmen members. Applicable for 2, 4 year, and technical school. Focuses heavily on community involvement and volunteerism. Future stewards of the land and community. https://www.woodmenlife.org/extras/scholarships/
- Scholarships.com - general scholarship site that helps match students with a myriad of regional and national scholarships available to them https://www.scholarships.com/financial-aid/college-scholarships/scholarships-by-grade-level/high-school-scholarships/scholarships-for-high-school-seniors
FAFSA Opens December 2023! Very important to note the major change in opening date for this year's FAFSA. In the past the opening date was October 1st but due to recent legislation and a redesign of the form it will not be available for the 2024-2025 school year until December of 2023.
If you want to be considered for financial aid, it's essential that you (and your parents) complete the form. Remember, everyone should complete the form- whether you think you'll receive $$$ or have been turned down before. https://studentaid.gov/
For those Seniors with questions or Juniors looking ahead to next year, we strongly urge you to attend the FAST FAFSA Explainer event being offered by our local 4H Extension office on January 22, 2024 at 1:30pm. This will be held on campus at Patrician Academy.
College Scholarship Links
Deadlines and awards vary for each institution. Please thoroughly review the links for your chosen schools.
- The University of Alabama - https://afford.ua.edu/scholarships/
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham - https://www.uab.edu/cost-aid/types-of-aid/scholarships
- The University of Alabama at Huntsville - https://www.uah.edu/admissions/undergraduate/financial-aid/scholarships/freshmen
- Auburn University - https://www.auburn.edu/scholarship/index.php Deadline February 15, 2024
- Birmingham Southern College - https://www.bsc.edu/admission/academic-scholarships.html
- Coastal Alabama Community College - https://www.coastalalabama.edu/admissions-aid/scholarships/
- Marion Military Institute - https://marionmilitary.edu/admissions/scholarships/
- Mississippi State University - https://www.admissions.msstate.edu/scholarships/scholarship-details
- The University of Mobile - https://umobile.edu/financial-aid/scholarships/!
- The University of Montevallo - https://www.montevallo.edu/admissions-aid/undergraduate-admissions/scholarships/
- Shelton State Community College - https://www.sheltonstate.edu/admissions-financial-aid/financial-aid/scholarships/
- The University of South Alabama - https://www.southalabama.edu/departments/financialaffairs/scholarships/
- Ole Miss https://finaid.olemiss.edu/scholarships/
- Southern Union State Community College - https://www.suscc.edu/about-suscc/scholarships.cms
- Springhill College - https://www.shc.edu/admissions-aid/tuition-financial-aid/types-of-financial-aid/
- Troy University- https://www.troy.edu/scholarships-costs-aid/scholarships/index.html
- The University of West Alabama - https://www.uwa.edu/admissions/undergraduate/scholarships and Alumni Scholarships at https://www.uwa.edu/alumni/scholarships
- The University of Southern Mississippi - https://www.usm.edu/undergraduate-scholarships/freshman-scholarships.php
- The University of Texas - https://onestop.utexas.edu/managing-costs/scholarships-financial-aid/types-of-financial-aid/scholarships/
- William Carey University - https://www.wmcarey.edu/page/scholarships
College Visits & Tours
Beginning the Spring semester of their Junior year, students with college aspirations are encouraged to visit their schools of choice for a campus tour. Each school handles visits differently but nearly all reserve several days in the Spring and Fall where they host a type of formal, “preview day”, “university day”, or campus tour for groups. They also arrange private tours. Check early with each school website to see which type of visit works for your family and your schedule.
Patrician Academy has established relationships with several colleges and universities which allow our students who are up for the academic challenge to take college level courses while enrolled at PA. The student must have permission from PA to enroll in these courses. Ask your Guidance Counselor for more information.